Thursday, November 1, 2012

Mitt Romney




Ok, so Mitt Romney is an absolute total asshole. Truly a terrible person. But aside from that, he also happens to be stupid. Why is he a presidential candidate?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6vMqnP3TM4&feature=related

If George Orwell watched this video he would probably personally hunt down and traumatically harm Romney for abusing the English language so badly. This ad is the absolute epitome of everything bad about rhetoric that Orwell wrote his article about.

Why is it so bad? It says literally nothing. "I'm gonna do something to government. I'm gonna make it simpler, and smaller, and smarter. I'm gonna get rid of programs, turning programs back to states. And finally, making government itself more efficient... It is a moral imperative for America to stop spending more money than we take in."

Are you kidding me? I got legitimately pissed off listening to that again so I could write it down. No shit it would be nice to have a simpler, smarter, and more efficient government. No one's gonna argue with that. No shit we need to work to get rid of our debt (which by the way, Obama has done a good job of so far). Oh, but wait! Romney forgot to tell us how he would go about doing any of this -- any sort of plan at all. Instead, he just listed off things that sound nice to hopefully appeal to the people so stupid as to not care that he it literally just listing off nice sounding things. By the logic that this ad was somehow successful, the republicans should get some prancy 4th grader to run for the next election and give a speech like this: "I'm gonna do something to the world. I'm going to end hunger, incite world peace, and bring wealth to all nations. I'm gonna get rid of bad people. Finally, there will be no more unhealthy people. It is a moral imperative for people to be healthy... I will fix all of this." Then all these remarkably dumb people can sit at their tv and be like "Wow. I'm blown away. I would love for there to be world peace. Nobody likes starvation. Nobody likes bad people either! And being unhealthy isn't doing anything good for us or our country anyways! This guy... This guy right here really understands what our country needs."

Weren't we taught when we were like, 5 or 6 years old that writing totally baseless sentences without backing them up in anyway sucks, and makes for really shitty writing? And really, isn't' someone that is running to lead the most powerful nation in the world running his campaign by doing this? This is awful. Please don't vote for Mitt Romney. I hate people.

No comments:

Post a Comment