Friday, November 30, 2012

Trying to get on the roof

      So, one of my friends and I tried to get on the roof of Alice Lloyd. We thought we were so prepared -- we found a door to the roof, youtube'd how to pick a lock, found a bobby pin. We picked at the lock for awhile to no avail. So, refusing to give up, we went down to the 3rd floor and tried to pry open the window that opened directly to the roof. Luckily, we found a fellow LHSP english class member who had a toolset with complete with pliers, hammers, and screwdrivers. I fought with that damn lock for what seemed like hours. Long story short, I broke most of those tools and didn't get any further than just completely wearing myself out. I tried for awhile to physically pry off the window with my hands, but it wouldn't budge. So, still refusing to give up, we went outside and tried to scale the wall, but handholds stopped happening halfway up and we had to drop back down. Finally, disheartened, we had to call it quits. For now.


No comments:

Post a Comment