Tuesday, October 2, 2012

What do I like best about what happened in the revision?
      I am happiest about how much more succinct and to-the-point my paper has become since my rough draft. As I go back and read over the earlier copies, I tend to go off on tangents and have trouble focusing on any main point. Now, as I read my final copy, it is much more lucid and relays my main points in a much more effective manner.

What were frustrations revising?
     It was frustrating to take out big chunks of passages that I spent time writing. It is naturally aggravating to erase work -- it feels like time that has been totally wasted. However, it is an essential (maybe the most essential) part of any good revision.

What helped most?              
      I think the most helpful strategy was to figure out what each paragraph's main point was and how they related to each other -- much like what mapping out our paper's encouraged us to do. This allowed me to have a better understanding of the flow of my paper, and to reorganize it in the revision process as to be more coherent.



No comments:

Post a Comment